Saturday, April 11, 2015

Response to: What do You Really Write About?

This morning I was reading tweets from #langchat and clicked on a link that took me to Señor Fernie's blog.  He is a kindergarten through 8th grade Spanish in Florida. His most recent post was titled, "What do you really write about?" In the post he explained how he copied the text of his blog and put it into Wordle to see what words were most common in his writings.  In the ending paragraph of the post, he encouraged other teachers to do likewise.

I followed the same method as Señor Fernie, but I only copied my blog posts from October 2014 through present, instead of the entire blog. There was a total of 10,360 words. (If I want to do that I should set up my blog with a RSS feed to make it easier.)  My resulting Wordle is shown above. 

The Wordle is similar to Señor Fernie's - the two biggest words:  Students & Story.  And for those that know me well, you won't be surprised to see "cookies" made it into the Wordle. :-)

An interesting experience. I, like, Señor Fernie, encourage others to do the same. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment