Saturday, May 24, 2014

Post Cards for Seniors

Custom made post cards for my seniors
The school year is winding down and I have only a few days to spend with my seniors before they graduate.  This year I created post cards to give to my seniors. 

I'll hand them out to the seniors in my Spanish classes later this week with the instructions to put them in a safe place.  At some point in the future - a year, several years, after they graduate from college, or whenever they want to share some exciting news of what is happening in their lives - they can jot a few words on the back of the post card and drop it in the mail.  

Some students may stash the post cards in a drawer somewhere and completely forget about it until years later.  My hope is that when they rediscover the post card, they will take a few minutes to write a short message and send it on its way. Post cards may seem a bit old-fashioned to some, but in my opinion, getting correspondence through regular mail is extra special.  

Most likely, it will be several years before I open my mailbox and see one of these post cards mixed in with my regular mail, but what a fun day that will be!  

Coincidentally, I've noticed often when I receive notes from past students through Twitter, email, and Facebook, and it usually occurs right when I need a little pick-me-up.  Small things make great reminders of the blessings that are right in front of us. 

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea! I gift an "Amigo Pen" from Teacher's Discovery to my seniors. That would go nice with your postcard idea. :-) Would you be willing to share the file for it?

    ReplyDelete