Friday, May 11, 2012

Sock Puppets App w/ TPRS

Three weeks ago another language teacher told me about the Sock Puppets app for iPhone and iPad.  I experimented with it and kept it on my list of possible sites to use in class when I needed to change things up a bit.

Yesterday, I started a story with my Spanish class.  I've had a student teacher since January, and yesterday was my first day to teach them since several weeks ago.  I have the skeleton of a story that I use that gives several examples of POR, and that is the story I started yesterday.  I only had 20 minutes to tell the first part of the story because I was headed on a field trip in the afternoon. 
The first part of the story was very basic and short. The students retold the story to each other and I also had them write it so I could correct it before continuing on Friday.  The first activity I did with the students today (one day after they heard the story) was: I asked them to number their paper 1-10.  Then they had to listen to the story below and find the differences in this version compared to the version from yesterday.  The Sock Puppets App made it more interesting for the students to watch. 
If you want to give more repetitions and you are afraid the students will be bored, try mixing it up with different types of repetitions that will help to keep the students' interest. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment